Our client is a UK digital transformation agency based in NY.
They are looking for a Project Director to join their growing team in New York.
Working as part of a small team yet growing team you will be responsible for helping to understand the client’s brief, gather and prioritize requirements, set up projects correctly, task plan as a team, establish project costs, track, monitor and report on project progress, and manage the overall delivery of some challenging projects that vary in size, platform and complexity.
You’ll need fantastic communication skills, with a strong ability to build relationships and manage external and internal stakeholders whilst keeping projects on track. You would have also worked on projects that utilize the principles and methodologies of Agile delivery.
Your project experience will have focused on delivering enterprise level customer centric, data driven experience, focusing on working with creative teams through strategy, research, UX and design stages, and then into working with technical teams to deliver.
- ● Managing projects of varying complexity, with strong experience in strategy, research, visual design and technical delivery.
- ● Project lead of larger digital transformation projects for key clients.
- ● Produce all necessary project documentation, including status reports, RAID logs,
timelines, task trackers. user stories and acceptance criteria.
- ● Maintain project backlogs and manage burndown as part of development workflows.
- ● Monitor financial tracking on a per project basis and work with account leads to mitigate
any issues that arise.
- ● Develop great working relationships with colleagues in multiple locations.
- ● Ensure retrospectives are held and knowledge shared within your account and within the
wider delivery team.
- ● Lead client communication day to day and communicate progress and appropriate
escalation to the account team and/or the client.
- ● Work with the rest of the business to forecast resource requirements.
- ● Lead the planning and support the running of client workshops/presentations working
closely with UX and Creative leads.
- ● Contribute to agency-wide delivery processes and templates (including enforcement).
- ● Take on wider digital projects as needed, such as UX Design and Strategy workstreams.
- ● 5+ years’ (2+ at a senior level) experience of delivering projects within a digital agency, including complex technical projects.
- ● Deep industry knowledge, with proven track record of delivery customer centric, digital transformation and enterprise level website projects for large clients
- ● You understand and have been involved in implementing and delivering projects utilizing current industry standard delivery methodologies, including Agile (SCRUM, DSDM),
- ● Experience of working with off-shore or remote teams would be beneficial.
- ● Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with peers and clients, and the ability to achieve results under challenging circumstances.
- ● Ability to make sound commercial and financial decisions, quickly grasp an understanding of complex problems and propose solutions to facilitate fast resolutions.
- ● Ability to work well under pressure, whilst remaining objective and retaining a positive approach.
- ● Be self-motivated, self-driven and independent, requiring little day-to-day oversight.
- ● Demonstrated commitment to high standards of excellence and integrity, showing solid
business acumen and sound judgement.
- ● Outstanding communication skills at all levels, (presentation, written, verbal).
- ● Exceptional skills in Google Suite, MS Office, PM tools such as Smartsheets, with a very
high degree of overall computer literacy.