Our client, one of the most prestigious Ad Agencies in NYC is looking for a Pharma-Strategy expert.
Must have Ad Agency and Healthcare experience.
The Senior Vice President (SVP) will lead all strategy and planning work for Our agency’s top pharmaceutical and healthcare clients. He or she will report directly to the EVP of strategy and help lead a talented team of strategists. A “whole brain thinker” capable of unearthing and connecting disparate quantitative and qualitative data points, this person will be responsible for developing and overseeing evidence-based arguments that support strategies and inspire creative teams. This position is best suited to someone equally adept at developing lateral thoughts individually, and coaxing those thoughts from other planners (and non-planners) on the team.
We are looking for someone who is consummately curious and interested in solving intellectual problems in unique and inspiring ways. This person will be comfortable working with incomplete information, developing hypotheses and finding connections between culture, consumers, corporations and the media.
• Work closely with EVP of Strategy and junior planners to develop breakthrough strategies for key consumer health accounts
• Own planning projects from inception to completion: create research plans; develop insights from observations; write briefs; brief creative, account and client teams; facilitate and participate in ideation / strategic thinking sessions
• Lead or support (primarily consumer health) new business opportunities and RFPs
• Cultivate fruitful relationships with key decision-makers across the business including account, creative and digital strategists, and research and analytic experts
• Manage and train junior strategic planning team members (within strategy and on client teams)
• 10+ years of relevant experience (we’re looking for someone with at least five years of agency planning experience for pharmaceutical and healthcare clients)
• Proven track record of developing insight based strategies that underpin successful health and pharmaceutical campaigns
• An active curiosity about brands, culture and what makes people tick
• Knowledge of various media including earned, social and paid
• Deep expertise in pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing, science and communications
• Ability to manage multiple challenging projects at one time within budget
• A persuasive and engaging presentation style
• An ability to meaningfully contribute to a civil, fast paced and positive energy environment
• Proactive, self-started who can work well both independently and as part of a team (and the ability to tell which is needed, when)