Our client is one of the top 3 News channels in the country. The position is located in Stamford, CT.
Actively participate in the strategic planning and forecasting process across sales and marketing to ensure that goals, objectives and growth trends align to achieve maximum revenue performance.
Develop and execute an analytical framework that effectively measures revenue forecasting and performance throughout the marketing and sales pipeline.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop revenue and customer forecasts and measure performance to plan.
- Create and manage the forecast and budget process for marketing activity, customer activity and pricing including revenue performance
- Ability to take on lots of raw data and summarize it into a forecasting and reporting model
- Investigate marketing & revenue performance to identify factors that drive performance, describe reasons for variance to plan and identify potential levers to accelerate growth
- Work with cross functional teams to manage and present monthly, quarterly and yearly metrics on marketing revenue performance management using Hyperion
- Provide sales and marketing management monthly summary reporting including but not limited to offer performance, customer, average revenue and yield
- Responsible for directing revenue analysis to include subscriber analysis and average revenue per customer – budget vs actual, net gain, and effective rates
- Provides customer activity analysis for all products including growth trending, migration trending, churn trending, etc.
- Assist in ad hoc information and reporting requests from the business unit leaders.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Process and systems thinker – comfortable working in complex environments, process oriented and able to conceptualize the entire lead and customer lifecycle
- Service oriented – patient, great communicator, customer focused
- Detailed and analytical – data aware, understands the need for measurable processes, detail oriented, project manager
- Problem Solver
- Ability to translate detailed trends and statistics into executive-level reporting and presentations
- Ability to prepare, analyze, and interpret complex customer and revenue reports & information
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Strong computer skills including Hyperion, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Knowledge of budgets, P&L reports, systems and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance or accounting
Related Work Experience
- Marketing, finance or accounting; 5+ years
- Budget and forecasting preparation or related experience; 2+ years
- Financial or revenue analysis experience
- Experience with Analytics Tools (e.g., Hyperion or other BI reporting tool)