Our client is a global organization dedicated to putting information at the service of medicine. The company aims to improve medical care by serving those who need it, those who provide it and those who seek to improve it. Their clients include research-based pharmaceutical companies and other healthcare institutions who seek the advancement of medicine.
Our client is seeking an experienced Director of Social to oversee Social Media Marketing campaigns, activations and Community Management. Given the evolving business landscape in media, the Director, Social Media is an indispensable leader tasked with developing a multi-faceted social media strategy across a multitude of stakeholders. The successful candidate will leverage their expertise in the social space to create and execute a strategic plan across various platforms and include several internal departments including marketing, digital, sales, press and research. The Social Media Director will report to SVP.
The Social Media Director will manage internal and external teams to obtain/manage necessary content, own campaign timelines and keep all parties abreast of campaign progress. The Social Director will also play a big content strategy role in the group, ideating and creating social content that resonates with our core audiences, overseeing content creation on our brand social channels and ensuring consistency in social tone of voice.
Must have a deep passion and knowledge of the social, digital and emerging media landscape and the ins and outs of core social platforms. Must keep up with updates and trends in the landscape and have a good sense of competitive across the entertainment industry on social. This candidate is both creative and also data-driven to inform insightful pivots and decisions that drive the brand forward through social. Strong writing skills in line with the social tone of voice of the brand and are a must. Passion for the Our brand is a non-negotiable.
- Manage relationship with external agencies to consistently provide best-in-class strategic recommendations, content, and first-to-market media opportunities to position Our brand as a social leader to both consumers and advertisers alike.
- Oversee community management and effectively translate social sentiment/listening into ideas and strategy.
- Regularly assess social media workflow and analytics tools to create efficiencies in both process and cost.
- Lead strategic partnerships in the social space from identification of relevant partners through execution of new programs.
- Explore and identify new revenue streams via partnerships and/or new social models to be potentially sponsored within Our brand’s social initiatives and communicate to Sales.
- Track and report metrics and trends with strategic analysis and recommendations.
- Work across departments (digital, programming/production, press, research, sales and creative/marketing in particular) to identify key messages, gather digital assets and make sure messaging is consistent irrespective of platforms.
- Work in tandem with press to disseminate key messages to our followers and foster relationships with talent and showrunners.
- Align with the research team and provide regular and timely reporting regarding viewer sentiment and chatter in the digital ether, as well as general trends germane to our business.