Our client is a major advertising agency owned by one of the Worldwide networks.
Location: New York City.
Director, Program Management
The Director, Program Management is responsible for the health and quality of a large-scale client program, or large portfolio of programs, focusing on profitability, operational and delivery efficiency, risk mitigation and resolution, and the management and mentorship of a highly effective Program Management team, comprised of 6-10 Associate to Associate Director/Lead levels. The Director role serves as a business partner for the Global Client Leader in driving operational strategy, process, organizational design, and problem/risk mitigation, managing $30-40MM in revenue.
The ideal candidate should have experience structuring and leading multi-million-dollar global marketing and advertising programs comprised of multidisciplinary resources and parallel lines of business, with demonstrated success in collaborating with key agency stakeholders, including but not limited to Creative, Client Services, Finance, Strategy, Data and Analytics, Media, and Technology. Experience with managing multi-channel engagements (video, TVC, print, digital, experiential, activation, etc.) is required. Extensive experience managing complex P&Ls involving multiple agency partners is required.
They will also possess a proven ability to represent and advocate for the Program Management discipline with organization leadership, and be deft at building and maintaining strong relationships with agency, client and third-party partners. They will work with these entities to proactively solve business challenges and develop operational processes that adapt to evolving business challenges, best practices and industry standards.
• Work with key organizational and client leadership to develop and instill processes, workflows and tools that support the profitable delivery of client work. Contribute to a culture of delivery efficiency and excellence with direct reports and larger Program department.
• Responsible for leading a team in the scoping and management of multiple concurrent large scale-projects and client engagements totaling over $30-40MM annually.
• Partner with Global Client and Finance leads to actively manage business challenges, client relationships, MSAs, develop annual scopes and contracts, and ensure profitability. Be the go-to business partner for operational process development and
implementation, organizational structure and design, and risk identification and
mitigation. Actively cultivate relationships with Client Procurement and PMO.
• Partner with Creative leadership to effectively shepherd and manage the evolution of
creative work, ensuring quality at all points from concept through delivery. Active partnership with Resource Management, Production, and Technology departments to ensure connections and collaborations happen where they should, in support of innovative and award-winning creative ideas.
• Develop and encourage the highest standards of communications and documentation, including status and financial reports, timelines, scopes, change orders, burn reports and forecasting, best practices and asset management.
• Champion departmental values, vision, direction and responsibilities with leadership teams. Actively partner with Leadership to introduce new learnings, opportunities, and areas of growth to the Program Management department and Agency.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to continuously audit and optimize existing operational processes and systems, ensuring buy-in and compliance with directs.
• Provide solutions-oriented leadership with an expert ability to creatively solve complex problems with a positive, professional demeanor and a high degree of emotional intelligence.
• Partner with Global Client Directors to manage overall client relationship and actively partner to develop new ideas to clients to enhance their business and grow revenue. Introduce offerings to the relationship where appropriate.
• Proactively manage, provide guidance, and develop clear communication standards around program and business-related risks, including mitigation planning and crisis management.
• 12-15 years’ experience in a creative services organization working with global brands and leading senior cross-functional stakeholders including strategy, data and planning, creative, editorial, experience design, production, technology, operations and resourcing.
• 5-7 years’ experience managing a team of Program Managers/Project Managers/Integrated Producers at all levels.
• Proven experience in managing portfolios of $30-40M annually, owning and managing scoping, staffing, client agreements (SOWs, MSAs, vendor contracts), estimates, profitability, partnering with Client and Agency leads to run engagements at scale.
• Specific experience in servicing Retail clients preferred, but not mandatory.