Our client, a global CPG leader in over the counter care is seeking a Leader for their NY office.
What we need:
A dedicated audience and data science lead who would work with internal (IMC, ecommerce, Brand, Insights, Analytics) and external (agency, data partners, tech platforms) to develop data driven marketing strategies to delight the consumer, drive business and progress/leapfrog our activity in this space.
Purpose of Role
The Audience and data science lead is responsible for information/data management for successful implementation of digital activation & measurement across Our brands and media agencies & technology partners. The individual must be confident and experienced in working with agencies and internal media resources to complete deliverables at an industry-leading level of quality. He/She is expected to exhibit thought leadership, capable of optimizing current efforts and bringing new insights through a mixture of innovation and broad, creative thinking.
● Experience in working with agency audience science partners to leverage ad tech stack such as DMP, DSP and other media partner audience capabilities to help define and refine target audiences at scale.
● Work with internal partners (IMC, Brand, insights, analytics) to confidently and properly inform audience identification, activation and evaluation
● Enhance decision-making capabilities through use of leading edge segmentation mapping translating it into audiences, Micro targeting, tracking and their measurement.
● Responsible for evaluating, advising & integrating data partners within audience planning & buying platforms in partnership with the media agency
● Familiarity/experience with and pov on relevant off the shelf 3P data sources relative to CP businesses (e.g. ODC/DLX, Kantar, NCS, IRI, WMX, Amazon, Facebook, Google) – their footprint, scale, strengths, limitations
● Ability to evaluate custom, augmented and/or alternative data sets
● Provide leadership and direction for the consistent use of media data for meaningful business decisions and portfolio advertising spend optimizations.
● Work closely with internal stakeholders and external agency partners to ensure proper measurement frameworks are in place for all initiatives and leveraged for continuous improvement against business goals.
● Develop a consistent, structured and scalable digital test approach that yields actionable information to drive performance. Testing areas span audience targeting, creative / messaging, and digital media channels and tactics.
● Connect audience planning with comms planning and work to ensure a good consumer experience (with an eye to frequency management and message sequencing)
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in data science/analytics or related field
● Masters Degree in analytics/ data science ideal but not a requirement
● 10+ years of marketing measurement and analytics experience.
● Understanding of the CPG is a plus, as is experience with multiple distribution models, specifically third-party intermediaries and direct to consumer.
● Firm understanding and experience with data management, including platform integration (segment profiles, leads data, DSPs, DMPs, CRM). Experience with tag management, test/optimization platforms, web analytics tools, data visualization, analytics/BI tools.
● Thorough understanding of the media analytics ecosystem and evolving landscape and a clear point of view of how to categorize, measure, and analyze disparate data to draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
● Leadership abilities to command executive presence and build relationships across the organization; able to clearly articulate complex technologies and concepts to stakeholders.
● Proven ability in building processes and systems within a matrixed organizational structure.