Our client is a prestigious ad agency known for work in healthcare and CPG. The firm has been around for 35 years, led by a single founder and acquired by one of the agency Networks a few years ago.
The SVP Client Operations and Delivery is essential to ensuring our agency products and services are successfully delivered (e.g. against scope, cost, time, quality) and maintained through the application of program management methodologies and business operations and the overall leadership of the agency’s Project Management function. The SVP will be responsible for upholding processes for Project Management teams while mentoring and training team members. The SVP will be responsible for project and program delivery across initiatives that are strategic and complex in their nature. This leader will be responsible for the definition, implementation and evolution of business processes, and continuous improvement activities.
• Leads and Champions Agency PM function
• Leads, manages and mentors PM team; hires and develops talent, creates team structure and account assignments
• Leads the Integrated Leadership team in creating and defining client delivery process, improvements and efficiencies
• Establishes and maintains processes, tools, resources, training, and best practices to ensure effective execution of all projects
• Responsible for creating and ensuring compliance with client service process and best practices. Owns the flawless execution of client deliverables.
• Partners with Finance on client procurement exercises and negotiations
• Leads Project Management function on large and/or complex programs
• Partner with team leads on building scopes and project plans
• Onboards new clients pending assignment of account team. Responsible for integrated staffing of new accounts in consultation with functional leads
• Leads the integrated team in managing client budget, team resources, scope and project risk factors
• Negotiates scope and budget with client
• Represents the Project Management function in new business pitches
• Drives value and efficiencies on behalf of client and agency, resulting in optimized profit margins
• Ensures pricing that is reflective of the marketplace, value provided to client and allows for targeted profit margins
• 12 + years of in Project Management and/or Client Operations at a Marketing Communications Agency (PR, Advertising, Digital, Branding)
• Experience managing and leading large integrated communications programs
• Ability to interface at all levels of management, both internal and external stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, negotiating, influencing, collaboration, facilitation, prioritization, decision making and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of project management methodology
• Proficiency with Project Management Software
• Innovative mindset and change agent who is never satisfied with the status quo
• A deep understanding of client business needs.